1. Strawberries are planted during the months of September and October. Strawberries are handpicked after every three days. Its color from white to red changes in only 3 days.
2. Strawberry is the only berry that has seeds on its external surface. The other berries have seeds inside. A single strawberry has 200 tiny seeds.
3. Strawberries are low in fat content and calorie. They are rich in vitamin C, fiber, folic acid as well as potassium.
4. Strawberries have since long been associated with love. Some consider strawberries as a symbol of Venice, the Goddess of Love.
5. They can reduce the risk of cancers and heart attacks. Strawberry intake helps in the reduction of systolic blood pressure.
6. Some believe that the name STRAWBEERY hailed from the practice of placing straws around the growing strawberry plants. Other say that the name evolved around 1000 years ago from the word, 'strew' that means 'spread', applicable to runners that spread outwards from the strawberry plants.
7. It is proved by science, the daily use of strawberries strengthens the immune system !!
8. Strawberries are an excellent antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent. Strawberry suppresses the development of influenza virus.
9. Fragrant juice of fresh strawberries – the best lotion! This is a miracle cure to remove age spots and freckles.
10. Strawberries have since long been associated with love. Some consider strawberries as a symbol of Venice, the Goddess of Love.