Microsoft Corporation is an American public multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of products and services predominantly related to computing through its various product divisions. Here is list of some facts about this Great Company :-
1. Bill Gates initially wrote the company name as Micro-soft, which made sense considering it’s a portmanteau of “microcomputer” and “software.”
2. “Microsoft” was officially registered as a company in November, 1976 in New Mexico where Bill Gates and Paul Allen were working with their first major customer.
3. The Microsoft employee is known as “Softie”. The average salary of Develpor in Microsoft is $1,06,000
4. Pioneering musician BRIAN ENO was the musical brains behind Window 95′s start up tune, dubbed “The Microsoft Sound.”
5. Microsoft is not only a company of software development, but also the largest corporate ART COLLECTOR. The total number of works of art acquired by the company, is now around 5 thousand including painting, sculpture,multimedia art.
6. Microsoft currently employs 88,180 people. The male to female ratio is very high among Microsoft’s American employees with a staggering 76% male workforce.
7. Although not quite at Google‘s level of snack-tastic, free-for-all wonder, Microsoft does offer free drinks. Over 23 million gratis beverages are downed on the corporate campus each year.
8. Ever since the company’s first operating system, Microsoft has worked on its projects under codenames. Past codenames include “Longhorn,” “Lone Star,” and “Vienna.”
9. All companies have their little in-house traditions, and Microsoft is no exception. It seems it’s customary for Softies to celebrate their yearly employment anniversaries with candies etc.
10. Microsoft has a reputation in the industry for asking off-beat, off-the-wall questions during its job interview. The most oft-quoted question is: “Why is a manhole cover round?